Member Log In
Access our library of articles, videos and proceedings for members only.
2014 IPPS Eastern Region Research Grants
Eastern Region IPPS funds ($5,500) will support the following Horticultural Research Institute projects in 2014:
- Evaluation of Composting Temp Regimes on the Survivability of Cylindrocladium buxicola, the causal agent of Boxwood Blight, $1500 Dr. John Pecchia, The Pennsylvania State University, 319 Buckhout Lab, University Park, PA 16802
- Optimizing Plant Growth and Water Use by Modifying Cyclic Irrigation Timing in Container Nursery Production, $2500 Dr. Robert Geneve, University of Kentucky, 401b Plant Science Building, Lexington, KY 40546
- Managing Water and Fertilizer: A comprehensive crop production tool for the mobile grower, $1500 Dr. James Owen,( VA Tech) Hampton Roads Agricultural Research and Extension Center, 1444 Diamond Springs Road, Virginia Beach, VA 23455
2013 IPPS Eastern Region Research Grants
The total IPPS grant allocation for 2013 is $4750 to be split between two research projects:
- Management of a New Introduced Pathogen of Boxwood, James LaMondia, The Connecticut Agricultural Experiment Station.
- Evaluation of a Weed Risk Assessment Model for Screening Ornamental Plants Throughout the US, Joseph M. DiTomaso, University of California